Licence to pursue the activity of insurance brokerage
Prior to entering the establishment or a change in activity in the court register, an insurance brokerage company must acquire a licence to pursue the activity of insurance brokerage from the Insurance Supervision Agency.
The following must be attached to a request for the issue of a licence:
1. the statute in the form of a certified copy of a notarial record;
2. a list of shareholders with their names and surnames, and address, and company and head office, the total nominal amount of shares and per cent of participation in the share capital;
3. for shareholders – legal entities that are owners of qualifying holdings
- an extract from the court register or another suitable public register;
- if a shareholder is a public limited liability company, also an extract of shareholders from the shareholders' register or if bearer shares were issued, a certified copy of a notarial record of persons present at the last General Meeting; shareholders that are foreign legal entities must submit documents in a certified translation,
- financial statements for the last two financial years;
4. a list of persons who are related to the holders of qualifying holdings, including a description of the relation;
5. a copy of the contract of professional liability insurance;
6. a certificate of payment of the fee.
If an insurance brokerage company had its licence to purse the activity of insurance brokerage withdrawn, the Insurance Supervision Agency must not issue a licence to pursue the activity for five years after the decision on the withdrawal of the licence became final.
Acquisition of a permit
- Judicial remedy: Administrative dispute
- Competent authority: Administrative Court of the Republic of Slovenia