Licence to farm fish for restocking
A licence to farm fish for restocking is required for farming fish for restocking.
The licence can be acquired by any legal or natural entity that fulfils the following conditions:
- appropriate registration of activity,
- appropriate fish farm,
- acquired water usage right,
- professional staff,
- known fish origin,
- manner of fish farming,
- approved aquaculture,
- approved production by the Administration of the Republic of Slovenia for Food Safety, Veterinary Sector and Plant Protection,
- the entry of the fish farm in the central register of aquaculture facilities and commercial ponds (CRA) and
- entry in the fishing cadastre.
An application must be lodged at the competent authority to acquire the licence to farm fish for restocking. When the application is complete with regard to administration and content, the competent authority issues a licence to farm fish for restocking.
Acquisition of a permit
- Evidence of registration of the applicant to pursue the activity of fish farming
- Copy of water rights
- Certificate of passing professional examination for aquaculture producers
- Expert opinion of the national protection institute
- Certified statement of the fish farm owner
- Written authorisation if the applicant is represented by a counsel
- Certificate of payment of administrative fee
- Judicial remedy: Appeal
- Competent authority: Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Food