Permit for searching archaeological remains
A natural person who is professionally qualified for search can obtain the permit. The person is professionally qualified if they fulfil at least one of the below mentioned conditions.
In the application, the applicant must indicate the type of required permit and attach the programme for search and the evidence on professional qualifications.
In the programme, the applicant determines the purpose and goals of search, technical means and methods that they plan to use at the search, the method of documenting the search results, the time of search and the area where the search will be implemented.
If necessary, the institute can ask the applicant to explain certain statements, supplement the application with other necessary evidence or permits of other authorities, or the Institute for the Protection of Cultural Heritage of Slovenia implements other actions to establish the actual situation.
The permit is a single or open permit.
A single permit is valid for a maximum 30-day search.
An open permit applies for a larger area that cannot exceed the area of jurisdiction of two branch units of the Institute for the Protection of Cultural Heritage of Slovenia, and for a longer period which cannot exceed one year and expires on the last day of the calendar year when it was issued.
The Institute for the Protection of Cultural Heritage of Slovenia can issue an open permit if it refer to the person that successfully implemented at least three archaeological remains programmes based on single permit or provides sufficient references in the field of recognition and protection of archaeological remains or other appropriate type of cultural heritage for which the definition of archaeological remain applies.
The Institute for the Protection of Cultural Heritage of Slovenia determines:
- the type of permit (since or open);
- standards that the searcher must use at search;
- duration of the permit;
- place (area) to which the permit refers;
- technical means that can be used for searching, competent organisation that the searcher must notify on findings, discovered during the search and on other facts, connected with the search;
- the method of collection of data acquired during the search;
- the method of data takeover and standards for the preparation of the search report;
- the method of handling of findings physically removed from the discovered archaeological remains and their delivery to the competent organisation;
- professional supervisor of the search, the method and scope of supervision;
- potential obligation and method of cooperation of the authorised person of the Institute for the Protection of Cultural Heritage of Slovenia at the search;
- potential obligation and method of notifying other authorities on the search.
The permit is connected to the person that filed the application and is not transferable to another person.