Entry in the FITO register
The FITO register is a register of producers, processors, importers and distributors of plants, plant products and controlled items.
The entry in the FITO register is mandatory for the following processors and distributors:
- producers, processors and distributors of plants, plant products and controlled items from the V.A list;
- producers of certain plants, plant products and controlled items that are not on the V.A list; and collection and distribution centres of table potatoes in the area of processing, where table potatoes are packed, washed or categorised.
The register comprises data on the owner, responsible person for health protection of plants, the production site and types of activities.
The owners must be professionally qualified for health protection of plants or provide a professionally qualified responsible person for the purposes of the entry in the register.
The register is initiated and managed by the competent authority. The register is managed in electronic form.
The owner submits a written application for the entry in the FITO register at the competent authority. The conditions for entry is the appointment of a professionally qualified responsible person for health protection of plants and the signature of a statement with regard to the fulfilment of obligations that arise from registration. In the case of processing, a preliminary entry in the Register of agricultural holdings is necessary. If the facility fulfils the conditions, the decision on the entry in the register is issued in three months after receiving a complete application. After the entry in the register, the owner receives a unique registration number.
The entry in the FITO register is not necessary for:
- owners who distribute or are retail sellers or store plants and plant products from the V.A.I and V.A.II lists and if they relocate plants and plant products with plant passports in order to prepare them for the sale to the final user;
- small producers or processors, whose production or processing and sale of plants, plant products and controlled items is intended for self-supply or final sale to natural entities who are not market processors, i.e. on the local market;
- owners who produce table potatoes, if the pack, wash or distribute only own produce.
Acquisition of a permit
- Judicial remedy: Appeal
- Competent authority: Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Food