Licence for the issue of plant passports
Plant passports can be issued by the owner, if the appropriate licence is acquired based on the fulfilment of the following conditions:
- they have a valid decision on the entry in the FITO register and allocated registration number;
- they have an appropriate responsible person for health protection of plants which acquired the certificate on basic plant health protection knowledge;
- they have minutes from the competent inspector on fulfilling the obligations arising from registration, and conditions with regard to the suitability of the proposals of plant passports (types, forms and content), their samples are submitted to the competent inspector fore review;
- they sign a statement on the application for the acquisition of the licence for the issue of plant passports, they are prepared and qualified to fulfil the obligations at the issue of plant passports.
An application must be lodged at the competent ministry for acquiring the licence.
The application must contain data on:
- the entity that is entered in the FITO register;
- responsible person for plant health protection;
- type of production, processing, sale or entry of plants, plant products or controlled items from third countries;
- evidence on the conditions for the acquisition of the licence.
The licence for the issue of plant passports is issued by the competent authority in three months after receiving a complete application.
The acquired licence for the issue of plant products enables:
- the issue of the plant passports prior to relocating plants from the production site for further distribution of imported plants, for which plant passports must be issued, or in case that the shipment accompanied by a plant passport, is maintained at the production site of the shipment recipient for such a period that it refers to further growing or if there is a modification of the level of plant growing;
- substitute plant passport (RP) for relocating the shipment that is already accompanied by a plant passport if the shipment is divided or if it is divided to several individual shipments or if the health condition of plants, plant products or controlled items has changed;
- plant products for protected areas (ZP) for relocating the shipment to a protected area or within the protected area, recognised for a certain harmful organism.
Acquisition of a permit
- Judicial remedy: Appeal
- Competent authority: Administration of the Republic of Slovenia for Food Safety, Veterinary Sector and Plant Protection (UVHVVR)