Permit for professional breeding and marketing of native organism species
A permit for professional breeding and marketing of native organism species is required for professional breeding of beneficial organisms.
The permit can be acquired for several cases of breeding at the same time when the same user breeds organisms of the same taxonomic category at the same location in five years from the start of breeding.
The permit is acquired on the basis of the application sent to the competent authority which must contain:
- data on the applicant (personal name and address of temporary or permanent residence, company and head office) and type of activity by indicating the legal and organisation status and the organisation structure that displays the allocation of responsibilities, tasks and authorisations for all employees and other persons who cooperate in the breeding procedure;
- data on the professional responsible person for breeding the beneficial organism (personal name, education, work experience and additional professional qualification of staff, including external cooperatives),
- the assessment of the risk of breeding for nature in accordance with the regulation on the nature risk assessment, if the applicant plans to breed non-native organisms;
- the breeding protocol for beneficial organisms;
- documents with regard to premises, equipment and staff;
- documents on registered activity (copy of the identification and activity distribution notification), if the activity is registered abroad;
- certificate on identification or determination of the beneficial organism.
A user who wants to breed favourable native organisms with a marketing purpose, must have a responsible person for biotic protection. They must consider the protocol on handling of organisms. They must ensure appropriate equipment, premises and staff.
- Judicial remedy: Administrative dispute
- Competent authority: Administrative Court of the Republic of Slovenia