Professional examination of life-long career orientation
The professional examination programme comprises the following areas:
- labour market, the goals and activity of the Employment Service;
- material regulations in several areas;
- services for labour market;
- active employment policy;
- unemployment insurance;
- the basics of office operations and the obligations of the employees of the Employment Service with regard to documentary materials;
- the safety of operations.
The employees at concessionaires do not perform the oral part of the professional examination in the field of material regulations in the field of administrative procedures and the basics of office operations as well as the obligations of the employees at the Employment Service with regard to documentary material.
Employees lodge an application on the form "Application for professional examination" for taking the professional examination – the first part is filled out by the candidate, the second part by the employer. The application form is sent within the tender deadline to the Employment Service, i.e. to the Department for HR and organisation matters and development.
The professional examination is taken in written or oral form. The written and oral parts of the professional examination are normally taken in one day. Successfully passed written part of the professional examination is the condition to take the oral part of the exam.
If the candidate fails to pass the oral part, they must resit it. A resit of the oral part of the exam costs EUR 53.00 EUR. The oral part of the exam is taken after the concluded written part of the professional examination, i.e. immediately after the president of the exam commission announces the results of the written part of the professional examination.
A candidate who successfully passes the written and oral parts of the professional examination is issued a confirmation on the passed professional examination.
Acquisition of a permit
- Judicial remedy: Appeal
- Competent authority: Employment Service of Slovenia
- Labour Market Regulation Act
- Rules on concessions for performing services for the labour market
- Rules on the standards and norms for the provision of services for labor market and the methodology for pricing these services
- General act on the performance of the professional examination for employees who provide services of career guidance and job placements and the exercise of professional examination for supervisor in the department for supervision of ESS
- Act of expert examination of the Institute of the Republic of Slovenia for employment