Licence to pursue transport services in railway traffic
A licence is a public document, acknowledging the transporter the ability to perform all or individual types of transport services in railway traffic, including haulage or the ability to ensure haulage.
The licence is issued by the Public Agency of the Republic of Slovenia for Railway Transport or any other licensing authority in the EU Member States and applies for the entire territory of the European Union.
The transporter must submit an application at the competent authority to acquire the licence to pursue transport services. After an administrative and content review, the competent authority issues a licence to pursue transport services.
The licence remains valid until the revocation of its validity. A transporter or licence owner must submit data on fulfilling the conditions every five years and three months prior to the expiry of the deadline, i.e. to the licensing authority.
If the transporter ceases to implement transport services in railway traffic for six months or if the services do not commence in six months after the allocation of the licence, the latter is withdrawn.
If the licence owner plans to significantly change or expand their activity, they must request for a new licence.
The transporter must be registered in the Republic of Slovenia to acquire a licence and may not be in subject to a bankruptcy and/or criminal proceedings. They must prove they have sufficient financial means and staff, and that they are able to cover damages.
Acquisition of a permit
- Certificate that the person as a legal entity is not in bankruptcy, liquidation or compulsory settlement proceedings
- Extract of the activities of the company from the court register
- Certificate of no criminal record of members of the Management Board
- Audited balance sheet for the previous financial year or report on property
- Business plan for the current year
- Certificate of settled tax obligations
- Acts on suitable competence of personnel
- Evidence of the ability to cover potential compensation arising from damage liability
- Judicial remedy: Administrative dispute
- Competent authority: Administrative Court of the Republic of Slovenia
A transporter must submit data on fulfilling the conditions every five years and three months prior to the expiry of the deadline, i.e. to the licensing authority.