Safety certificate for driving on the rails of the railway transport network of the Republic of Slovenia
Safety certificate proves that the transporter has established its system of safe management and that they fulfil the requirements of technical interoperatbility specifications.
A safety certificate encompasses:
- a certificate used by the transporter to prove that they implement a safe management system, confirming that the transporter adopted appropriate measures for the safety of the railway traffic in a specific network.
A transporter acquires a safety certificate if they lodge an application at the Public Agency of the Republic of Slovenia for Railway Transport (JAŽP). After an administrative and content review the competent authority issues a safety certificate for a five-year period.
A safety certificate issued in another European Community Member State is valid for the same services in the Republic of Slovenia.
If the transporter plans to implement additional services in railway transport, the competent authority issues an additional national certificate.
A transporter or safety certificate owner must immediately notify the competent authority on all important modifications for the part of the certificate that is amended. The transporter must also notify the agency with regard to staff and new rail vehicles changes.
A safety certificate is issued to a transporter with a valid licence for performing transport services, who fulfils technical and operational conditions, has appropriate staff and train fleet.
Acquisition of a permit
- Summary of the manual for safety management system
- Copy of a licence to provide transport services
- Copy of insurance or financial liability coverage
- List of required regulations and TSI regarding the procedures in the safety management system, and documents on how they are implemented
- List of various categories of employed or contractual personnel
- Description of procedures in the safety management system regarding personnel, and statement of national certificates
- List of various types of the vehicle fleet
- Description of procedures in the safety management system regarding the vehicle fleet
- Judicial remedy: Administrative dispute
- Competent authority: Administrative Court of the Republic of Slovenia
A safety certificate is issued for a five-year period and can be extended upon the request of the transporter.