Master craftsman exam
The master craftsman exam is intended to verify if the candidate is qualified to perform their profession and occupation, to independently manage the shop, educate trainees and master other knowledge and skills determined in the list of exams for the master craftsman exam.
The master craftsman exam is taken in four parts:
- practical part (1st),
- professional and theoretical part (2nd),
- managerial and financial part (3rd),
- pedagogical and andragogical part (4th).
Individually, the parts of the master craftsman exam are divided in exam units in accordance with the list of exams, determining the content, scope of master craftsman's activities, the aims of the exam and parts of the exam indicating professional areas.
APPLICATION FOR THE EXAM
The candidate who wants to take the master craftsman exam, submits and application at the competent authority, proving the suitability for taking the exam. The candidate applies at the competent authority for each exam unit with an application 30 days prior to the exam date at the latest. The candidate can make an electronic application or apply by post.
The entire exam is taken in accordance with the list of exams.
The practical part comprises the work test and master craftsman exam assignment. The written part for an individual subject in the professional and theoretical part of the master craftsman exam takes up to 180 minutes. The oral part of the exam or oral presentation takes a maximum of 30 minutes. The managerial and financial part of the exam is taken in written form and takes up to 180 minutes. The pedagogical and andragogical part of the master craftsman exam is composed of a written exam that takes up to 180 minutes and a practical appearance that takes 45 minutes.
The candidate can take several written exams on the same day, however, they may not exceed 360 minutes.
The competent authority sends the candidates exam dates for each individual part of the master craftsman exam at least once per year. All exam dates are published on the website of the relevant authority. If the master craftsman exam is passed, the candidate receives a certificate.
Acquisition of a permit
- Certified copy of certificate
- Certified copy of the employment booklet (not a mandatory attachment)
- Certificate of work experience of the applicant, including the description of work and tasks, from the employer
- Evidence of payment of master craftsman exam
- Description of work and tasks carried out by the applicant during their employment in the activity in which they wish to sit for master craftsman exam
- Personal photo of the applicant
- Completed statement of allowing the publication of information on master craftsmen in mass media
- Judicial remedy: Appeal
- Competent authority: Chamber of Craft and Small Business of Slovenia