Permit for keeping animals in captivity with the purpose of public presentation
The competent authority must issue a permit for keeping animals in captivity with the purpose of public presentation at a zoo.
For acquiring the permit for keeping animals in captivity with the purpose of public presentation at a zoo, the applicant must satisfy appropriate conditions, i.e. cooperate at specific research, stimulate education and raising the awareness of the public in relation to biodiversity preservation, ensure appropriate living conditions and appropriate care for the animals, maintain a high retention standard, prevent escapes of animals and keep records on all animals at the zoo.
The mentioned conditions must be fulfilled, except for the cooperation at research, for acquiring the permit for keeping animals in captivity with the purpose of public presentation in a place similar to the zoo.
The permit is acquired on the basis of the application for the acquisition of the permit.
The following must be submitted with regard to the type of the presentation place:
Acquisition of a permit
- Comprehensive plan of the space where animals will be kept
- Anticipated programme of preventive and curative veterinary care and food
- Planned promotion of education and awareness raising regarding the preservation of biodiversity
- Evidence of employment of own veterinarian or a contract with a veterinary organisation
- Extract from the court register which shows that the facility meets the prescribed conditions
- Judicial remedy: Appeal
- Competent authority: Ministry of the Environment and Spatial Planning
Permit for public presentation of animals at a zoo is issued for maximum 10 years.
Permit for public presentation of animals at a place similar to the zoo is issued for maximum five years.
A natural or legal entity who already has a permit for public presentation of animals at a zoo or at a place similar to the zoo and wants to present animals after the expiry of the permit validity, must submit a new application at least 3 months prior to the expiry of its validity.
Last updated: 10 years