Entry in the register of higher education institutions
A higher education institution can start performing an activity when it is entered in the register of higher education institutions.
The register is administered by the ministry responsible for higher education.
A higher education institution is entered in the register if:
- it is founded in accordance with the Higher Education Act (ZViS) and is entered in the court register;
- has an accredited study programme;
- higher education teachers, scientific workers and higher education co-workers required for the implementation of the study programme;
- has ensured appropriate premises and equipment and technical equipment conditions, safety at work and other conditions.
A higher education institution is entered in the register when the procedure for the establishment is concluded and has at least one accredited study programme under the consideration of the second paragraph of Article 14 of the Higher Education Act.
A higher education institution is entered in the register based on a written application by the founder or the competent authority of the higher education institution, submitted prior to the start of work.
The university authorities are: rector, senate, management board and student council.
The university members are: dean, senate, academic assembly and student council.
The authority of the other institution university member is a director or expert council.
The authorities of the higher education institution, which is not a member of the university, are: senate, academic assembly, management board, student council and the dean.
The higher education institution or other institution member of the university can also have other authorities in accordance with the act of incorporation or statute.
Acquisition of a permit
- Extract from the court register – acquired by the competent authority
- Articles of Associations of the higher education institution
- Opinion of the Council for Higher Education on the fulfilment of conditions to establish a higher education institution – acquired by the competent authority
- Consent or another consent of the Council for Higher Education for the study programme – acquired by the competent authority
- Evidence of suitable premises and equipment, and of the fulfilment of conditions for technical equipment, safety at work and other conditions according to special regulations for all places where the higher education institution will pursue its activity
- Evidence of higher education teachers, scientific workers and higher education workers required for the implementation of the study programme
- Evidence of guaranteed funds to carry out the study programme for at least one generation of students
- Judicial remedy: Administrative dispute
- Competent authority: Administrative Court of the Republic of Slovenia