Decision on higher education institution accreditation
Prior to adopting the act on incorporation, the founder must acquire the decision on the higher education accreditation from the Slovenian Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education.
The competent authority that verifies the fulfilment of conditions for acquiring the accreditation and issuing the appropriate decision is the Slovenian Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education.
Higher education institutions are assessed by fields of work:
- integration in the environment;
- operations of the higher education institution;
- staff, students;
- material conditions;
- quality assurance;
- innovation and developmental goals.
For acquiring the higher education institution accreditation decision, the founder must submit the application at the competent authority.
After receiving a complete application, the Slovenian Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (hereinafter referred to as the Agency) appoints a group of experts.
The group of experts prepares a report on the fulfilment of criteria for the first higher education institution accreditation in three months from the submission of a complete application.
The report on fulfilling the criteria for the first higher education institution accreditation is sent directly to the Agency's council.
The Agency's council decides on the first accreditation of the higher education institution based on the report of the group of experts within three months after the report is prepared.
In the first accreditation procedure, the Agency's council can:
- award the accreditation of the higher education institution for seven years or
- reject the application for the higher education institution.
In case of rejection of the application for the higher education institution accreditation, the applicant can once again submit the application for the first accreditation of the higher education institution after two years from the receipt of the Agency council's decision.
Acquisition of a permit
- Opinion of the Senate of the university if it involves the establishment of a university member
- Mission, vision and strategy of the higher education institution, draft Articles of Association or Articles of Association and draft statute of a higher education institution, and draft quality procedure manual
- Plans for international participation of the higher education institution, especially in the common European higher education area
- Information on research programmes, projects and research groups
- Staffing plan, information and evidence of higher education teachers, scientific workers and higher education workers, and their statements of participation, and consents of employers where workers are employed
- Draft criteria for election to titles
- Evidence of premises and equipment: suitable evidence of ownership or lease agreement, the operating permit, safety statement, inventory of equipment
- Plan for the implementation of the study programme when premises are at various locations
- Evidence of guaranteed funds
- Opinions of competent chambers (associations of employers) or other institutions responsible for study programme areas
- Agreement with companies or other organisations, and mentors on practical training for the anticipated number of enrolled students – if it involves a higher education programme or a study programme which anticipates practical training
- Judicial remedy: Appeal
- Competent authority: Slovenian Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education
Last updated: 7 years