Decision on study programme accreditation
A higher education institution must submit an application for acquiring the study programme accreditation decision at the competent authority.
After receiving the complete application, the council of the Slovenian Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (hereinafter referred to as the Agency) appoints a group of experts.
In the case of first study programme accreditation, the group of experts inspects the premises where the higher education institution will implement the study programme if this is required for a compete establishment of the current situation.
The Agency council decides on the first study programme accreditation within three months after the expiry of the deadline for sending comments to the report of the group of experts.
The report on fulfilling the criteria for the first study programme accreditation is sent to the council of the Agency and the applicant for potential comments. The applicant can send comments within one month from receipt of the report.
In the first accreditation procedure, the Agency's council can:
- award the accreditation of the higher education institution or study programme for seven years;
- reject the application for the higher education institution or study programme accreditation.
In case of rejection of the application for the study programme accreditation, the higher education institution can once again submit the application for the first accreditation of the study programme after one year from the submission of the Agency council's decision.
Study programmes for teacher education must also fulfil the conditions determined in the Study programme accreditation criteria for teacher education.
Acquisition of a permit
- Decision of the Senate of the university or an independent higher education institution on the proposed study programme
- At least three recognised or accredited study programmes from various countries; if the profession is regulated, a comparison with provisions of a suitable EU directive or evidence of conformity
- Evidence of higher education teachers, scientific workers and higher education workers
- Information on the highest allowed direct and additional weekly teachers' workload
- Plan on international participation (in the study programme area); evidence of conditions established for scientific, research, artistic or expert work
- Evidence of premises and equipment, and plan for the implementation of the study programme
- Agreements or contracts with companies or other organisations, and mentors on practical training for the anticipated number of enrolled students
- Quality procedure manual
- Self-evaluation report of the institute if the institute carried out other accredited study programmes
- Judicial remedy: Appeal
- Competent authority: Slovenian Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education
Last updated: 7 years