Entry in the register of waste collectors
A collector collects waste after acquiring the certificate on the entry in the register of waste collectors. The register of waste collectors is managed by the Ministry of the Environment and Spatial Planning.
The application for the entry in the register is submitted in written or electronic form at the Environment Agency of Republic of Slovenia (ARSO). After ARSO establishes whether the application is appropriate from the administrative and content view, it issues a certificate on the entry in the register of waste collectors.
The certificate on the entry in the register of waste collectors determines:
- classification numbers of waste, collected by the waste collector;
- total quantity of waste and total quantity of hazardous waste which the collector can preliminarily store at each collectoin centre with regard to its capacity;
- place or places of collection centres, including the land plot number and the number of the building and real property register.
The waste collector must notify the Ministry of the Environment and Spatial Planning on any changes of data on the certificate on the entry in the register of waste collectors, i.e. within 30 days from the date of the change.
The appropriate certificate is acquired if the collector disposes with one or several collection centres, assets and equipment and has a waste collection plan.
Acquisition of a permit
- Waste collection plan
- Evidence that the applicant is the operator of an individual collection centre or evidence of possession of an individual collection centre if the applicant is not the owner (evidence must be attached for each collection centre)
- Evidence of availability of funds and equipment for the collection and transport of waste
- Judicial remedy: Appeal
- Competent authority: Ministry of the Environment and Spatial Planning