Environmental permit for processing/disposal of waste
The processing provider can process waste based on the environmental permit for the processing or disposal of waste.
The application for the entry in the register is submitted in written or electronic form at the Environment Agency of Republic of Slovenia (ARSO). After ARSO establishes whether the application is appropriate from the administrative and content view, it issues an environmental permit for processing and disposal of waste.
The environmental permit for processing or disposal of waste determines:
- classification numbers of non-hazardous or hazardous waste that can be processed;
- total quantity of waste processed annually;
- total quantity of hazardous waste processed annually, processing place (land plot number of building number from the register of real property);
- procedure and method of processing waste;
- measures for preventing and reducing harmful impacts on the environment caused by waste processing;
- technical and other requirements for the device operations;
- the level of energy efficiency of the device in case of incinerating or co-incinerating waste with energy processing;
- requirements in connection with the storage of waste before processing and the management with remaining waste after processing;
- the scope and content of operational monitoring;
- the requirements in connection with measures to prevent harmful impacts on the environment after the termination of waste processing;
- requirements in connection with the takeover of waste.
After the acquisition of the environmental permit, the processing provider is entered in the register of processing providers ex officio.
List of activities
Acquisition of a permit
- Waste management plan
- Evidence that the applicant is the operator of the device or of the possession of the device if the applicant is not the owner
- Evidence of fulfilment of environmental protection, technical and other requirements
- Evidence of available funds and equipment (if the processing provider collects waste from owners)
- Judicial remedy: Appeal
- Competent authority: Ministry of the Environment and Spatial Planning
Environmental permit remains valid for 10 years.