Tourist guide licence card
The profession of tourist guide may be carried out by persons who have passed the professional competence programme exam of 3 February 1999, adopted by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia, or by persons from a Contracting State with recognised professional qualifications for pursuing the profession of tourist guide (issued positive decision).
Licence cards issued by the examiner are deemed evidence of a passed exam; the licence card shows the name of the issuer, the name of the tourist guide, their photograph, the licence card's reference number from the register of tourist guides; it is affixed with a current year label.
- Evidence of professional knowledge and competence (for example foreign language knowledge, completed professional education indicated by the candidate in the application for exam entry, etc.)
- Evidence of the identity of the tourist guide (valid document with the person's photograph)
- A photograph of the tourist guide
- Evidence of payment of the licence card production costs
- Decision on the recognition of professional qualifications
Tourist guides are required to renew their annual registration once a year, no later than 31 January in the current year for the previous year. Annual registration costs amount to EUR 11. A tourist guide's licence card is affixed with a label indicating the current year to evidence its validity for that year.
A completed (and signed) form and evidence of the annual registration costs payment are to be sent to the Tourism and Hospitality Chamber of Slovenia.
Attachments and supporting documents:
- data on the number of days of guiding, on the routes guided and countries guided to for the previous year;
- evidence of the annual registration costs payment.