Licence to provide services of an insurance broker
A natural person who acquires a licence to provide services of an insurance broker from the Insurance Supervision Agency may carry out insurance brokerage at an insurance company or an insurance agency.
The Insurance Supervision Agency issues a licence to provide insurance agency services if a person meets the following conditions:
1. they have passed the test of professional knowledge required to provide insurance brokerage services;
2. at least one year experience in insurance transactions they have acquired on the basis of employment or other legal relationship with an insurance company or an insurance agency or a brokerage company;
3. is proficient in Slovenian;
4. they have not been unconditionally convicted res judicata of a criminal offence against property and the economy for at least three months;
5. the Insurance Supervision Agency did not withdraw their licence to provide insurance agency or brokerage services less than five years ago,
6. they have concluded professional liability insurance.
Conditions and evidence
- Test of knowledge Suitable work experience Knowledge of Slovenian No criminal record Non-withdrawal of licence Professional liability insurance
- Judicial remedy: Administrative dispute
- Competent authority: Administrative Court of the Republic of Slovenia