Certificate of the acquired title of a government auditor
Persons may carry out the tasks of a government auditor when they acquire a certificate of the acquired title.
A certificate of the acquired title of a government auditor is issues to a person who meets the prescribes conditions for the acquisition of the title.
An application for the acquisition of the certificate is filed at Računsko sodišče Republike Slovenije (Court of Audit of the Republic of Slovenia), Slovenska cesta 50, 1000 Ljubljana.
The title of a government auditor may be acquired by a person who meets the prescribed conditions, and has professional examination for government auditors.
The title of a government auditor may also be acquired by a person who meets other prescribed conditions, and:
1. has been entered in the register of certified auditors at the Slovenian Institute of Auditors, has passed the test in the subjects of government audit, and operations of the State and public entities from the training programme, and has successfully defended the final thesis, or
2. has acquired the title of an internal government auditor on the basis of the Public Finance Act, has passed the test in the subject of government audit from the training programme, and has successfully defended the final thesis.
Conditions and evidence
- Suitable education Suitable work experience Suitable auditing achievements Passed professional examination
- Certified auditor Passed additional exams Successful defence of the final thesis
- Internal government auditor Passed additional exam Successful defence of the final thesis
- Judicial remedy: Appeal
- Competent authority: Court of Audit of the Republic of Slovenia